Your privacy is critically important to us. At Intellei, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it to operate our service or personalize your experience.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the ongoing operation of one of our services.
About Us/Who is Intellei?
Intellei is a technology company with an online platform to operate our Services, namely to enable our customers (businesses) to build AI-powered virtual agents (chatbots) to engage their own customers via SMS, Facebook Messenger, and other mobile messaging platforms.
Our customers use Intellei chatbots to market their product/service, answer customer questions, enable subscription to news and alerts, register volunteers, collect donations, or drive other calls to action.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
Visitors to our web site and users of the Service
When you visit the Service, we and our third-party service providers, receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, and from cookies and similar technology. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Service may not work properly.
When customers sign up for Intellei we collect information to better serve them such as their name, email, business, website and Facebook pages. We also collect information about their clicks and activity with the product to provide them with improved product features and personalized helpful messages.
When we collect the personal information described above, Intellei is a data controller, as it relates to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for the European Union.
In that case, we process your data for purposes of information on our products, improving our products and for marketing purposes. We do so based on the consent you have expressly and freely given to us and that you can withdraw easily at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our newsletter or alternatively by contacting us by email at .
For visitors to chatbots powered by Intellei (end-users of Intellei Customers)
Any consumer interacting with a bot on the Intellei platform on Facebook Messenger provides public information to that bot which includes Name, Gender and their profile photo. Any other information is only available to the chatbot if the consumer provides it through conversation. If a consumer does not wish to have their information shared with an Intellei chatbot platform, they can invoke the GDPR function and ask not to be monitored.
Customers using the Intellei platform can choose to collect information about the end-users by asking questions through the course of conversation. This may include information such as email, address or other personally identifiable information. The consumer can choose to answer or not.
When Intellei’s customers are providing bots on the platform, Intellei is the data processor and the customer is the data controller. If you would like your information to be deleted, please contact the company operating the bot directly. Intellei has also built a skill to handle GDPR requests that will be deployed across all engagements that enables consumers to delete their information. Invoking the GDPR skill to delete your data will remove all personal information from the Intellei system, but does not guarantee that the customer operating the bot has not stored any of the consumer’s information.
How Long Do We Keep your Data?
In the case where we are the data controller, Intellei will only keep and store your data for as long as it is necessary for us to fulfill the purposes for which they were collected. For more information, you can contact us by email at .
In the case where we are the data processor, we will only keep and store data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes of our customers, in accordance with what our customer decides as data controller.
Automated decisions with user data
Intellei does not feed any of your information into an automated decision-making process beyond deciding what else to say to you in the normal course of the conversation.
Intellei is not involved in any decision-making that has legal consequences.
What third parties do we use and what do they have access to?
Here is a list of the third parties we use and how Intellei uses them:
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to track clicks and behavior on our web site and within web-based components of the Intellei platform. Here is their statement on GDPR compliance.
- Facebook Messenger. Our company uses the Facebook Messenger API to build and deliver Facebook Messenger experiences. Facebook has access to the information that comes through the chatbot. Here is their statement on Facebook Messenger and GDPR.
- We use Amazon AWS for hosting. Here is their information on GDPR compliance.
- Dashbot. We work with Dashbot for conversational analytics. Here is their information on GDPR.
What are your rights and how to exercise them?
In accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), each user has a right to access, rectify and erase personal data and object to the processing or to automated decision making, by writing at . Users can also, using the same email address, ask for their data to be transferred to them or to another controller or request restriction of the processing of their personal data.
In accordance with the GDPR you also have the right to lodge a complaint to us by writing at or to a data protection authority.
Here is further information on specific rights:
- Right of access by the Data Subject. Under GDPR, you have the right to request information about whether and what data Intellei is processing about you.
- Right to rectification. Under the right to rectification, you may request Intellei to rectify or update any of the information we have stored about you.
- Right to erasure (‘Right to be forgotten’). When your relationship with Intellei ends, you have the right to erasure, also known as the right to be forgotten. In some instances, we may be unable to comply with your request if there is legal obligation we have to comply with. In such cases, we will notify theses legal reasons to you.
- Right to data portability. You have the right to obtain your data and transfer it to another controller. If you have provided previous consent, and if we are able to do so in an automated fashion, Intellei can transmit your data to another controller.
- Right to objection. You have the right to object any processing of your data for the purposes of Intellei operations. You also have the right to object to your processing operations for direct marketing purposes at any time.
- Right to restriction of the processing. In the event that you exercise your right to rectification, or object to the processing of your data, you have the right to restricted processing of your data.
You may exercise these rights by emailing us at , or by interacting with any of our bots.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Intellei discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Intellei’s behalf or to provide the Service, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Intellei’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Intellei will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Intellei discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Intellei believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Intellei, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of an Intellei website or Service and have supplied your email address, Intellei may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Intellei and our products. We expect to keep this type of email to a minimum and will always provide you a mechanism to unsubscribe to such communications. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Intellei takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
If Intellei, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Intellei goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Intellei may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
International Data Transfer
The personal data we collect from you are being transferred to the United States and may be processed globally. When transferring your personal data outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA"), we will ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring appropriate safeguards, as required by law, are in place. When transferring your data to the United States, we ensure that the entities to where the data are being transferred have joined the "EU/US Privacy Shield Framework" approved by the European Commission.